Buy Cluster Beans Online
Cluster beans, often known as guar beans, are an annual legume with the scientific name Cyamopsis tetragonolobus. In Hindi, it’s called as gawaar.
Green beans known as cluster beans are farmed in India, particularly in Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra. They resemble typical green beans but are flatter and smaller.
Cluster beans are grown in India and account for 80% of global production. They thrive in areas with regular rainfall and can also withstand desert conditions.
Cluster beans and guar beans require full sun, well-drained soil, and regular to moderate rainfall to thrive. After the first rains in July, the crop is planted and harvested in late October.
The body of a young, fresh guar is thin and long, with small pods. They must be plucked when young and fragile because as they age, they become woody, fibrous, and hairy, making them inedible.
Benefits of Cluster Beans
- Contains a Wide Range of Nutrients
- Get rid of anaemia
- Diabetics will love it.
- It’s good for your heart.
- Improve Blood Circulation and Strengthen Bones
- During pregnancy, this product is highly recommended.
- Aids in the control of blood pressure
- It encourages bowel movement.
- Do away with diseases
- Calms the mind
- It is beneficial to the foetus in the womb
Usage in the Kitchen
The beans are frequently strung before being utilised. Some common culinary uses are:
- Guar leaves can be utilised in the same way as spinach is.
- Pods are cooked in the same way that salad or vegetables are.
- Gum is used in salad dressings, ice cream, and yoghurt as a thickening and stabiliser.
- In North-west and South India, sweet and soft young pods are eaten as a vegetable or snack, and that they are also consumed as munchies after drying and frying.